Certylabel is the new iCommunity solution that allows you to comply with the new EU regulations for labeling wines and flavored wines. With Certylabel, you can also incorporate a multitude of additional information about your company and products, such as traceability of origin or data on the manufacturing process, all of which is certified on blockchain.
Problem: New EU regulations for labeling wines and flavored wines
Starting from December 8, 2023, it will be mandatory to list the ingredients and nutritional declaration of wines on the label, according to Regulation (EU) 2021/2117 published on December 2, 2021, which modifies the labeling rules for wines and flavored wines.
In order to provide consumers with a higher level of information, all wine bottles sold in the EU, regardless of the country of origin, must include information on ingredients, nutritional information, allergens, and energy information alongside the product, but this information can only be displayed on an external provider’s website.
To comply with this regulatory change, Certylabel facilitates the creation of digital labels with certified nutritional information on wine on blockchain. But in addition, to provide more value to both the winery and the end consumer, Certylabel goes a step further and allows additional information about the company and the product to be provided.
This digital label is made available to consumers through a unique QR code physically printed on the product. So, every time a customer scans the wine’s QR code with their mobile phone, they will be directed straight to that product’s digital label via a website or app.
How does it work?
- Create a digital identity: register on Certylabel and verify your company’s identity. This step is essential to assign a responsible person for all the certified label information.
- Fill in your product information: in addition to the composition and nutritional information, you can add a description, photos, product history, laboratory reports, awards, certificates, and more.
- Information registered on blockchain: the product’s composition, nutritional information, and any laboratory reports are certified on blockchain, ensuring transparency and information security.
- Download QR: After filling in the product information, a dynamic QR code is generated that will take your customers to the page that displays all the necessary information to comply with the regulatory change. If you want to change or update the page’s data in the future, the generated QR will still be valid.
How is it different from other digital label solutions?
Certylabel has several advantages over similar solutions:
- The registration process in the application is verified, preventing anyone from registering and falsifying a winery’s identity and generating false labels.
- Our QR labels are certified with technology. This provides greater security and confidence for the consumer.
- Our QR codes never expire and can be fully updated dynamically.
- You can generate unlimited QR codes for each product.
- In addition to all this, Certylabel includes other additional modules, such as raw material traceability, marketplace connection, laboratory analytics, user reviews, reading data reports, and more.
If you want more information about our new product, do not hesitate to contact us.
Comply with the regulations and provide transparency to your customers!